Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Three Images

This time between winter and spring seems to be bringing its own challenges to photo taking. We seem to have to look harder and harder to find new images. The results from today are three. First there is a photo of small snow crystals that I found on a tree branch early in the morning.



It seems to me that the snow crystals are much more three dimensional that I thought from looking at Bentley's famous photos. It seems odd to me that I had not noticed or remembered noticing that fact before.

Églantine took this photo of a Mourning Dove not far from our bird feeder in the morning.



At the end of the day yesterday I caught this skeleton of a Sunflower in the light of the setting sun.

7 comments:

robin andrea said...

I know what you mean about finding things to photograph at this time of the year. But you definitely managed to come up with some lovely shots. I particularly like the sunflower in the sunset. Have you ever read Sunflower Sutra by Allen Ginsberg?

Rachel said...

Nice pictures! I can't imagine you having trouble finding things to take pictures of since your pictures are so lovely! I love the mourning dove. I think they are such a sweet bird. I have a bunch of them around here and they are a favorite of mine.

Kati said...

beautiful pictures! I keep trying to capture the frost inside my windows which occurs on and off in endless varieties of patterns, the most common being a fern-like shape. one day, the frost looked like branches of coral...

Endment said...

Every season has its own beauties and you have managed to capture them in these shots today

Inspirational!

Ontario Wanderer said...

RD, Thanks for your encouragement. No, I don't think I have read Sunflower Sutra or at least I do not remember it. I'll have a look through my books and see if I can find it.

R, We seem to have several flocks of Mourning Doves staying around the property.

K, Interesting you should commment on frost. I just posted frost photos up on today's post before I read your note.

E, Thank you very much!

Nana said...

How lovely! You live in a beautiful and awe-inspiring place! And your pictures are breathtaking... I envy your chance to wander the world the way you have bravo!

Ontario Wanderer said...

D, Thanks for your note. I am glad you are liking the photos.