Saturday, December 24, 2005

December 24 - Random Photos

It looks like we may be in for a green Christmas day or green and slushy-white at best.



While splitting firewood today, I found this structure in the middle of a split limb.



This apple got stuck in some branches on the way down to the ground.



I had difficulty stitching my winter solstice sunrise photo to my summer solstice and autumn equinox photos as I must have been in a slightly different location when I took the last photo. The sun positions are at least close to where they actually were but the middle of the photos did not quite stitch together as they should have.

5 comments:

robin andrea said...

Merry Christmas to you and Eglantine! I love the apple photo. I never thought of photographing that, and we have them like that in our trees here.

Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for being a part of our life in 2005. You have enriched it immensely.

Here's to a better, more peaceful 2006.

Walter Jeffries said...

Merry Christmas in all your wandering!

-Walter
Sugar Mountain Farm
in Vermont

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being present too!

It is amazing that although we have never met you in person, Dean and I talk about our Blogger friends as if we had!

Blessed be in 2006!

Rachel said...

Interesting what you find inside a piece of wood! Great pictures!

Ontario Wanderer said...

RD, Thanks for all of your compliments!

WJ, Thank you and I hope you and yours have a peaceful new year.

E, Yes!

R, One never knows what one will find inside a log. Somewhere, unphotographed, I have a log section that I split that had a core that was separate from the rest of the log chunk. It was like a trapped smooth twig.