Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Sit Spot - February 11, 2020




A quiet day as I was away all morning at Plan B Organic Farm where I volunteer every Tuesday. Less time at the breakfast table means fewer birds seen at the feeder and that is where many of the "Extras" come from on my sit spot notes. Also I did my sit spot routine later in the afternoon and almost nothing was singing or flying about.

February 11, 2020 3:23 p.m.
Sit 481 : Brush Pile W : Cloudy 
0° (-5°) SW 19-29 kph 69 % humidity 

(Jet, traffic noise)
(United Airlines flight 2740...)
 White-breasted Nuthatch,

Extras:
One hawk up very, very high. I suspect it was a Red-Tailed Hawk as that is what I mostly see at this time of year.
Chickadees,
Crow at feeder area eating sunflower seeds from the ground,
Mourning Doves,
Goldfinches.
(Not a sign of squirrels today. Wonder why?)



Photo Site #4 - North Ridge Trail





No comments: