Friday, February 14, 2020

Screech Owl and Sit Spot - February 14, 2020



I got a text this morning from our neighbour saying that an owl had banged into their window. She said that the owl soon recovered and flew away. I suspected right away that it was the little Screech Owl that sometimes stays in our "Wood Duck Birdhouse".  The photo that followed the text confirmed my suspicions.



Another photo followed later showing the owl in the birdhouse. When I got home, I checked and saw that it was still there so I got out our camera and took another photo from further away.




That Screech Owl, or another just like it, spent a couple of months in that same bird house last winter. It often played "peek-a-boo" with me as I went out and attempted to take its photo. It would be in the hole, as you see above, until I got out the camera and then it would be gone and there was only the empty hole.

----------------------------------------------------------

February 14, 2020 4:49 p.m.
Sit 484 : Brush Pile W  Cloudy 
-8° (-12°) SW 8-11 kph  53% humidity 

(Jet, traffic noise),
(Caribbean Airlines flight 525...)
Prop Plane
No animal nor bird sounds

Extras:
Screech Owl in pond birdhouse 
Blue Jays,
Cardinals,
Chickadees,
Crow,
Mourning Doves,
Goldfinches,
Juncos,
White-breasted Nuthatch,
Downy Woodpecker,
Red-bellied Woodpecker,
Black Squirrel,
Grey Squirrel.



Photo Site #3 - West Meadow Viewpoint




No comments: