Saturday, January 11, 2014

Just by Accident

        I have always been intrigued by "accidental connections." This  morning I did not go running as usual due to a forecast of rain and high winds. (Of course we only had a bit of a drizzle and no winds to speak of so far.) Because I had a few extra minutes, I spent some of them looking at a British photo magazine that I have subscribed to on my iPad. One of the photo artists that was featured turned out to be from my home state of Kansas. Because she, Lori Nix, grew up there, with all of its tornados, and  other storms, she became interested in disasters of various sorts and the possibility of various ends of civilization with nature taking over. Rather than going out to look for such things, she makes dioramas and then photographs them. They are real enough that one is taken in for a few seconds or minutes before realizing that they are not "real." Below is one of my favourite images from my few minutes of looking at her work and then a link to a site where one can find out more information about her and her work.


http://saint-lucy.com/conversations/lori-nix/

1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't it beautiful?!
Sorry you didn't like my flu stats, but I enjoy keeping track of data!

(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!