Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Aspen Buds in February



As I was doing my morning walk, still without a dog, I noticed these Aspen buds starting to open. It is way too early in the year for them to be opening. I have also heard that  apple buds are opening. That may mean a second year without local apples and another disaster for the fruit growers in our area. The weather continues to be full of changes with temperatures going way above the freezing point and then way below and then way above setting high temperature records on various days. I wonder too about the Maples. Will the sap start and end too soon for maple syrup gathering?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had similar temp fluctuations here in Midwest US, and this past week has seemed more like spring than winter.
Momadness