Sunday, October 04, 2020

Brush Pile - Sit Spot #616 - October 4, 2020








Brush Pile W
i.e Brush Pile at West end of property
where I have done most of my sit spot 
watching and listening
since March.
Inside the brush pile I have a tarp
so I can sit in more comfort in rain and snow
and write down my observations.





View from inside my Brush Pile W
During many days,
I actually sit in front of the brush pile.
It does not seem to bother the birds and animals
as sometime they come right up to me.
I alway sit for 10 minutes each day
and sometimes for 15 to 20 minutes.


October 4, 2020 10:10 a.m.

Sit 616  : Brush Pile W : Cloudy with rain 

+7° (+5°) e 11-17 kph 93% humidity 


(Jet),

(Republic Airlines Flight 5783...),

Blue Jays,

Rain on tarp,

Daisy Fleabane blooming nearby,

Tall Goldenrod blooming nearby,

Calico Aster blooming nearby,

Arrow-leaved Aster blooming nearby,



Extras:


3:00 a.m. - (Traffic noise),


7:15 a.m. -

       Blue Jays,

       Rain on roof,

       (Traffic noise),


Along the trails - 

Blue Jays,

White-tailed Deer,

Crows,

White-breasted Nuthatch,

Robins,


Kitchen Window and Bird Feeder - 

Blue Jays,

Cardinals,

Chickadees,

Mourning Doves,

Goldfinches,

Red-breasted Nuthatch,

White-breasted Nuthatch,

White-throated Sparrows (4),

Downy Woodpecker,

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Black Squirrels.




Photo Site #3 - West Meadow Viewpoint







No comments: