Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kansas Barnyard Memories


Barnyard Memories
Originally uploaded by Ontario Wanderer

I spent many an hour half under a cow with a bucket and tired, sore fingers trying to coax out milk for the family and the cats in this old barn. I was never too good at hand milking and didn't like being there but I was there to the finish, or else. This photo was taken long after I left home and the barn was no longer in use. Now the barn, most of the family, all the cats and all the cows are gone and there are only memories and most of them are mine and fading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo must be quite a treasure!

Jenn Jilks said...

Nobody can take those memories away from you!

Linda said...

Let's see, probably about 20some miles away I was feeding checkens & gathering eggs.

Linda said...

Well, those birds were chickens, cluckers, birds, but not checkens:)