Sunday, April 03, 2022

(Goat Problem) - Wasp - Sit Spot 1161 - April 3, 2022


(I earned my keep as a goat herder this evening.
I'll write more tomorrow when I have time.)






Dark Paper Wasp



Sunday, April 3, 2022 10:55 a.m.

Sit 1161  :  Brush Pile W  :  Cloudy 

+2° (-1°) NW 11-17 kph  80% humidity 


Crows,

Song Sparrow,

Mourning Doves,

Cardinal,

(Jet - Alaska Airlines flight 77),

Woodpecker drumming in distance,

(Traffic noises),


Extras:

6:45 a.m. -

Snowing again,

Only crows calling,


Along the Trails -

Blue Jays,

Cardinal,

Chipmunk,

Red-winged Blackbirds,

Crows,

Mourning Doves,

Song Sparrow,

Rabbit,


p.m. -

Wood Ducks circling the west pond,

Turkey  Vultures circling the east field,

Wasp in house,


Kitchen Window and Bird Feeder -

Blue Jays,

Cardinals,

Cowbird,

Goldfinches,

White-breasted Nuthatch,

Red-breasted Nuthatch,

Robins,

Chipmunk,

Black Squirrel,

Red Squirrel.


Goat Problem -

When I went into the barn

in the evening,

Alice, our remaining old goat,

had the left side of

her head, shoulder, and leg

covered in blood and

was standing in a pool

of blood. 

She looked dreadful.

After a lot of careful cleaning

I did not find any cuts.

I think that it was 

a damaged horn.

She only has part horns

as one was almost totally

broken and the other about half broken

Each time there has been

a lot of blood but never as much

as last night.

I am hoping she will be

looking better tomorrow!

(No, you do not want to see what I saw!)




Photo Site #3 - West Meadow Viewpoint









1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

I await with baited breath!