Friday, February 18, 2022

Deer Story - Sit 1117 - February 18, 2022








See any deer in the photo?
No, 
neither do I;
however, there were many deer tracks on the ground,
including going right up to my brush pile sit spot.


After I left the sit spot,   

   I was looking closely at the ground,

   following deer tracks and trying to decide

   how fresh the tracks were.


   When I got near the top of the hill

   close to the meadow  

   I looked up and saw 2 deer

   going to the right in the west meadow.


   Then, when I got to where I had seen them,

   I realized that the only tracks leading there

   were on the trail I was following.


   The deer had obviously been just ahead of me

   for several minutes and I had not looked up

   from following the tracks 

until I got near the meadow.


   Of course they were gone before my camera 

   got into action.






Friday, February 18, 2022  10:15 a.m.   

Sit 1117  :  Brush Pile W  :  Partly cloudy 

-9° (-15°)  W 13-20 kph  67% humidity 

 

Deer tracks by sit Spot Brush Pile,

(Jet - American Airlines flight 179...),


Extras:

Along the trails -

Chickadees,

Blue Jays,

Soft crunching of new snow underfoot,

Junco tracks 

Squirrel tracks,

Rabbit tracks 

Cardinal singing 

Crows cawing

Mourning Doves flying 

White-breasted Nuthatch calling 

Many deer tracks - at least 4 Deer 

One Deer snorted at me but l couldn't see it


Kitchen Window and Bird Feeder -

Blue Jays,

Cardinals,

Chickadees,

Purple Finches,

Goldfinches,

Juncos,

Red-breasted Nuthatch,

White-breasted Nuthatches,

Red-bellied Woodpecker,

Grey Squirrel.






Photo Site #3 -
West Meadow Viewpoint






1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

Our deer are usually active at dusk and dawn, as well as in the night.