Sunday, March 20, 2016

First Day of Spring - Almost

            Really, no posts since last year's Halloween? Wow. Where does time go when one is busy?

            Lots of water under the bridge since then. Probably no way I am going to take time to fill in the blanks. Wonder what comes to mind as being most important. Running two half marathons is what comes to mind. I ran one in November. It was the Road-2-Hope Half Marathon race. I have run every one of the races since they started except for one and on that one I ran the full marathon. I doubt that I will do another marathon but if I do, it will be this one. I have it in the back of my mind for the year that I am 75 but my feet will let me know if it is possible. Right now, I am still thinking, "No." Anyway, my half marathon time for that race was 2:32:40. I ran out of energy at about the 16 k point and just kept going by mentally pushing after that point.





I had better luck, and energy, at the beginning of this month at the Burlington Chilly Half Marathon. I ran that one in 2:25:32 and felt good for almost all of the race. I ran 4 minutes, walked 1 minute and repeated for the whole race except for a couple of 2 minute walks during the 2nd half of the run. I was 3rd out of 7 in my age group of 70-74 so I even got a place metal as well as a finish metal.



            I manage to get a few photos that I liked during November that I will place below:







            First day of spring - Almost: Because spring officially started at 00:30 just after midnight so we still had 30 minutes of winter today. Tomorrow is really the first full day of spring.

            Hoping to get the blog caught up some more and add some daily events again. There have been lots of early signs of spring during the last few weeks so there is much to write about.



1 comment:

Danielle said...

Congrats on the races! Nice to see the post.