Saturday, July 19, 2014

Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre

I spend at least part of 5 days a week at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre in Brantford. It is one of many local "gyms" but on a quite grand scale. It has 4 full sized hockey rinks, which I have never used; an indoor track, which I use on very  hot or very cold days for runs; two swimming pools; two hydro pools; a sauna; a full sized basketball court; an exercise room; a very large equipped weight room; a cycle room; and an indoor dry-land training room. Depending upon the time of year and time available I participate in weight training, swimming, aqua-fit classes, spin classes, yoga, Pilates, and track running. I keep thinking that I should buy some ice skates and learn to skate since I have been in  Canada for so many years but somehow it has not happened yet. Maybe later?


1 comment:

Pablo said...

We have a tiny gym in our office that I use occasionally: the treadmill on really cold days, a weight machine now and then. But I seem to take more time dressing out than I do working out.