Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mid January Already

Some how time is moving a lot faster than I am these days. I have blog ideas and then it's the next day and the next and nothing is posted.

Some random thought about the last 25 days or so . . .

No snow for Christmas but my partner's granddaughter and family dropped in. Nice.

Snow for the day after Christmas and my granddaughter and family were here for a while. They left early to avoid a larger storm that was supposed to be on the way. Great to see all of them!

Snow came and then went again. The large thaw happened last weekend with record breaking heat. It was up to +15 C. The result was the first snowdrops of the year in bloom and some crocuses too.

I've heard spring songs from the Chickadees, the Cardinals, and the Great Horned Owl. The coyotes seem to spend more time singing lately too but I am not sure that has anything to do with spring.

Two mornings last week we had 8 white-tailed deer in our east meadow. There were two in the west meadow last evening. I've not see the wild turkeys but there tracks are numerous, or at least were when we still had snow.

My flower sightings for the month of January are up to 14 already. Most are hold overs from December but there are a couple of new bloomings.

Maybe, just maybe, I can get back to blogging more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your update. Not a blessed thing blooming in my neck of the woods. My sister in Atlanta teases me about what she has blooming and mentioned snowdrops. Looks like I'll be waiting a while yest.
Momadness