Saturday, July 31, 2021

Run - Sit Spot #916 - Saturday, July 31, 2021








Even going downhill
I soon fell behind the main group of runners.
At least the walkers were behind me . . .



Saturday, July 31, 2021 4:10 p.m.

Sit 916   :  Brush Pile W  : Cloudy 

+21° (+23°) SW 13-20 kph  64% humidity 


Cardinal,

People talking in distance,

Yellow-billed Cuckoo,

Chipmunk,

(Prop Plane),


Extras: 

5:45 a.m. -

Cardinal singing,

Many Robin alarm calls,

Great Horned Owl calling nearby,


Along the trails 3:40 p.m. -

1st Purslane in bloom,

Blue Jays,

Mourning Doves,

Mosquitoes,

Red Squirrel, 

Field Sparrow,

Common Yellowthroat,

Catbird,

1st Water Horehound in bloom,

Cardinal,

1st Virgin’s Bower in bloom,

Crows,

1st Spikenard in bloom,

1st Eastern Black Nightshade in bloom,


Kitchen Window and Bird Feeder -

Red-winged Blackbirds,

Blue Jays,

Cardinals,

Mourning Dove,

Goldfinches,

Grackles,

Rose-breasted Grosbeak,

White-breasted Nuthatch,

Chipping Sparrow,

House Sparrow,

House Wren,

Chipmunk,

Black Squirrel,

Red Squirrel.





Photo Site #8 - West Pond Area
No water left in the "pond"






1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so behind on my reading list. It just isn't working for me.
Here I am, though!
I am not sure what a GHO sounds like. I'll have to check!