Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Robin - Sit Spot #820 - Rooster - April 27, 2021








Robins have been using this nest
for several years
on the side of the barn



April 27, 2021 9:55 a.m.

Sit 820  : Brush  Pile W  : Mostly Sunny

+8º (+6º) ne 9-14 kph 57 % humidity


Cardinal,

Field Sparrow,

(Traffic Noises),

Robins,

Towhee,

Song Sparrow,

Flicker,

Red-bellied Woodpecker,


Extras:

Along the trails -

Robin on barn nest

Rooster 

Red-winged Blackbirds 

Chickadee,

Field Sparrow 

Rabbit by East pond,

2 Canadian Geese,

Song Sparrow,

Goldfinches,

Towhee,

Tree Swallows,

Crows,


ROOSTER ATTACK -

I stopped on the trail behind the barn

to pick up some sticks on the trail

when our rooster suddenly attacked.

He hit me with his spur in the face.

My glasses went flying and his

spur raked across the side of my face.

I think, had it not been for my glasses

he might have taken out my eye.

I spent some time trying to catch him

to put him out of my misery but

was not able. 

I presume he will come to roost

tonight and then I will get him

and give him his last rites.

He has been aggressive all along

but this was too much!

(Yes, I had to go for a tetanus needle.)





Wild Flowers seen - 

Three-flowered Avens,

Hairy Bittercress, 

Domestic Apricot Tree,

Mouse-ear Chickweed,

Daffodils,

Common Dandelion,

Marsh Dandelion,

Red-seeded Dandelion,

Purple Dead Nettle,

1st Spotted Dead Nettle,

Grape Hyacinth,

Ground Ivy,

Forsythia Shrub,

Magnolia,

Periwinkle,

Scilla,

Common Shadbush,

Spicebush,

Spring Beauty,

Sweet White Violet,

Wild Strawberry,

Red Trillium,

Trout Lilies,

Common Violet,

English Violet (Sweet Blue),

Yellow Violets

Wild Ginger,


Kitchen Window and Bird Feeder -

Red-winged Blackbird,

Cardinals,

Mourning Doves,

Goldfinches,

White-breasted Nuthatch,

Robins,

Chipping Sparrow,

Chipmunk,

Black Squirrels,

Red Squirrel.




Photo Site #1 - East Pond





No comments: