Monday, November 07, 2016

Road-2-Hope Half Marathon - November 6, 2016



Waiting for the race to start.







Road Rebel Running Group  posing.







Start line; I always start near the back of the pack.









About 8 minutes into the run and the group is already spread way apart!







We are on the way down the Red Hill Expressway. One can see the edge of Lake Ontario far ahead to the left.








We are almost at the bottom of the Niagara escarpment that runs through the city of Hamilton.








We have a kilometre or so of gravel bike path before lake front trail.








The bridge ahead takes bikes, pedestrians, and runners across at least 8 lanes of traffic.







The last few kilometres are along the Lakefront Trail beside Lake Ontario.





Finally I cross the finish line with my friend Jang Panag only a step behind.








Took a lot of time for the results to be posted but I was 2nd in my age group.








I reviewed two medals; one as a half marathon finisher and one for a 2nd age-group place. I also got a coffee mug.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the completion and the AG placement.

Anonymous said...

Love seeing these photos of your run. Congratulations! You ALMOST make me want to take up running.