Friday, June 23, 2006

Paraphrase Art

For one of my art projects I made a mobile sculpture using all natural objects. The parts were twigs and bark that I found on the ground tied together with blades of grass.



After photographing the mobile, I turned the image on its side and duplicated a reverse image and put the images together.




Next I duplicated the new image, flipped a copy, and put the images together again.



Our art course was called "Paraphrase" which, we were told, is a jazz music term for playing with a theme. My last paraphrase consisted of going back to the original photo, taking the colour away, and using Photoshop to make a few more changes to get this last image.



I do enjoy playing with images!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat found-object mobile, as well as the variations which you've created from the original.

Pam in Tucson said...

Love the creativity as you develop variations on the theme from your delightful found-object mobile. I particularly like the last image.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Bev & Pam,

Compared to Andy Goldsworthy, one of my art heroes, my found-object mobile is very simple, but I was pleased with my photo manipulations and am glad that others too like them.

Pam in Tucson said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like Andy Goldsworthy. We've been enchanted by his work ever since we picked up his first book. Have you seen the film: Rivers & Tides?