Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Monday Magic (Posted on Wednesday)

In addition to my being slow to post Monday's photos, the blog page is also giving me a problem. There is so much to do and see outside right now, it's a bit of a pain to be inside. I guess the blog maintenance people feel the same way.

Anyway, here is the first magic shot of Monday. It is Églantine's photo of a dragonfly. We are looking for a species name.



As we drove home in the evening, these power towers marched across the sunset.



The Ontario Wanderer was just spinning with happiness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dragonfly would be either a female Widow Skimmer (Libellula luctuosa). The male has wings with the same dark areas but with a bluish-white bars at the outer edges of the dark parts. The male also has a dark body with a pale abdomen. Immature males look like the females.

kerrdelune said...

Looks like a female Widow Skimmer (Libellula luctuosa) to me too.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Bev & Kerrdelune, Thanks for the ID. I shall try to update the blog with your information when I have a couple of minutes.