Monday, June 26, 2006

Mostly Shadows

Given that we had about 10 minutes each for thirteen exercises, if we chose to do them all, we had very little time to gather our thoughts and materials to do our tasks for the Manitoulin art experience. That being the case, many of my projects were small ones. Here is another mini-sculpture. This one was made of a twig, a feather and a bit of grass all held together by friction after making small holes in the twig with my pocketknife. I then held up the structure and photographed it against the sky to make it a bit more dramatic.



On this particular day, I also collected some tree seeds from a poplar tree and made some shadow pictures. Here is one of them.



And here is one more shadow picture. This time, I changed the light reading on the camera to make a bluer cast and used a root on my sketch pad in full sun to create another shadow.