Monday, September 07, 2020

Pancake - Sit Spot #589





I made buckwheat pancakes for our breakfast this morning. Well, mostly buckwheat; I had buckwheat, tapioca, and barley flours mixed with some hemp seed for the dry ingredients and eggs, milk, and a bit of vanilla for the liquids and a bit of baking powder to make them rise. The chef that I am taking a cooking course with emphasizes measuring everything to be consistent but I rather prefer the inconsistency of my pancakes using a variety of different flours and different proportions for each attempt. None of nature's snowflakes nor Dean's pancakes are exactly the same. I like them that way!

September 7, 2020 10:30 a.m.

Sit 589 : Brush Pile W : Cloudy 

+20° (+22°)  w 9-14 kph  83% humidity 


Crickets calling,

Insects calling ,

(Traffic noises),

Wind in trees,

Canada Goldenrod blooming nearby,


Extras :


12:45 a.m. - Crickets & insects calling, 


6:40 a.m.- Thunder, Rain, Wind in trees ,


Along the trails -

Crows,

Raven,

Goldfinches,

Crickets,

Flicker,

Little low flying beige moths,

Monarch Butterfly, 


Kitchen Window and Bird Feeder - 

Cardinals,

Chickadees,

Mourning Doves,

Goldfinches,

White-breasted Nuthatch,

Chipmunk,

Black Squirrels,

Grey Squirrels,

Red Squirrels.



Photo Site #6 - Close-up of east Willow






1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

I tried making them, and it didn't go well!