Thursday, November 10, 2016

From My Daily Walk





            I feel very privileged to live in a location where I can see wild White-tailed Deer almost everyday. This was one of four that we saw from the breakfast table a day or two ago. I stepped out on the porch to take the photo which is why she is looking so attentively in my direction. I took over a half dozen photos before they wandered off slowly. (Most days I just see a flash of white tail as they move off through the bush on one of our trails but occasionally they stay to look back. My luck with Wild Turkeys is much poorer. I have yet to get a good photo of a Wild Turkey and I certainly do not see them everyday. They are very timid and move off as soon as they are aware of my existence.)





            I have much better luck with plants. They do not leave as quickly but they do leave. This Common Milkweed will probably be gone in another few months.










            At least the moon cooperates as it keeps coming back month after month. It is waxing toward full moon right now and this is from last evening so it will be even more advanced tonight.





1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

What great photos. I agree. The sitting still stuff is pretty darn easy! I did a walk to fetch the trailcam cards and NADA!!!