Saturday, November 23, 2013

Friday Flowers

       My Friday flower search is becoming more difficult each week now with the numbers rapidly shrinking. Soon it will be down to the all winter flowers that seem to carry on anytime they can get their heads above the snow. I did find 19 species in bloom Friday compared to just over 30 by the end of last week.




        This is a tiny plant with a flower smaller than this photo, unless you are looking on a phone screen. It is called Henbit, Lamier amplexicaule in French or Lamium amplexicaule in Latin. According to notes on the internet (http://www.eattheweeds.com/henbit-top-of-the-pecking-order/) people can eat it but not sheep, horses, or cattle.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post reminds me that I haven't seen any wildflowers blooming lately, and I should take a much better look!