Friday, September 27, 2013

Carpenter's Square

     

        Carpenter's Square or Figwort is the name of a rather strange plant. It has a very square stem which apparently gave it one of its names. The Latin and French names are similar with the Latin being Scrophularia marilandica and the French being Scofulaire du Maryland. I have been puzzled over the name of this plant for years and found more information this evening at the following site:


        Given that it is 15 pages long, I am not going to quote from it but simply give the address above so you may look if you wish. (I also found that I had blogged about it before, quite some time ago.)
http://ontariowanderer.blogspot.ca/2006/08/carpenters-square.html

        Here is today's photo looking strange as I took it from a "head-on" angle and difficult to understand but interesting to look at in my opinion.







No comments: