Sunday, September 01, 2013

Another New Start?

OK, I am dusting this blog off again. I stopped putting photo on Flickr a couple of months ago as they changed their format and started jamming all the photos together with hardly any white space in between them. It offends my sense of how to look at photos and photos often jar each other when they are that close. Now Facebook has decided to share all the photos and act as if they are their property instead of mine so I think I am going to return to doing more work on this blog. I realize that photos can be stolen from here just as easily but the public exposure will be a lot less and I shall not be using words to describe my photos in the uploads but only in the text of the blog. I am hoping that will reduce the number of hits by unwanted people. I suspect that bots can still search the text of blogs but maybe less here than on Facebook. We'll see what happens . . .

Here is a photo of a Preying Mantis that I had up the other day on FB.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you back to blogging here. I think a return to this format is a good thing.

It is definitely praying mantis season. I photographed one hiding under a zinnia just the other day. Sneaky, very sneaky.