Saturday, April 22, 2006

Malta Waters/Ontario Flowers

Églantine discovered that if one uses the telephoto lens to focus on moving water one can get some amazing abstract colour photos. I was the copycat here! These are from the harbour waters of Valetta, Malta.





--------------------------------

Meanwhile, here in Ontario, spring marches on and the Tamarack (Larix laricina) is blooming.



Églantine and I found this lone Red Trillium (Trillium erectum) growing and blooming on our property last year. It's up and blooming again this year. My camera and I were almost underground to shoot upward to get this photo.

4 comments:

Pam in Tucson said...

Fascinating water photos. Lovely colours. I'll have to try it when I'm next by a body of water, which probably won't be until our vacation in June. And oh, the brilliance of the Tamarack and Red Trillium! Glad you were willing to dig yourself in to get a great Trillium photo.

Endment said...

These water images are wonderful. I must confess to a tad of envy--- the rain is keeping me from getting out to search for Trillium - perhaps there will be a dry day tomorrow

Ontario Wanderer said...

P in T, You don't need much water. Try taking a bowl of water outside under a tree or by a sign. Put something in the bowl to change the composition.

E, Yes, my camera has stayed inside for two days now as the rains come down here too. If it's still raining tomorrow, I shall look for my umbrella.

harmonyinline said...

Fantastic water photos