Thursday, April 02, 2020

Sit Spot - More Spring Signs - April 2, 2020



I am feeling a bit like I did when I first retired i.e. expecting lots of extra time because of more time at home and finding that there seems to be less time. There are at least 6 books that I have started and not had time to get back to finish and lots of things on the internet that I would like to watch but I cannot even get my blog done everyday. I am getting in my French time but sometimes it is pushing at my bedtime. Oh yes, still up most mornings before 5 a.m. Where does all the time go? Too much of it has been in trying to get food to the house without going to town. Our 2 hour order from early last week was supposed to come 5 days later and it's now 2 days late from that original 5. Fortunately a friend picked up some groceries for us and brought them today. 

Meanwhile - Sit  Spot 


April 2, 2020 - 9:27 AM
Sit 432 : Brush Pile W : Sunny 
+4° (+1°) NW 14-24 kph : 70% humidity 

Red-winged Blackbirds,
Pileated Woodpecker,
Song Sparrow,
Cardinal,
Robin,
Woodpecker drumming,
Crows,
(Jet, traffic noise)
(JetSuite Air flight 307...)
Mallards,

Extras:
Tree Swallows,
Towhee !
3 Turkey Vultures circling in
   early afternoon 
Blue Jays,
Chickadees,
Eastern Bluebirds,
Morning Doves,
Goldfinches,
Juncos,
Starlings,
Red-bellied Woodpecker 
Chipmunk,
Black Squirrels,
Grey Squirrels,
Rabbit.



Photo Site #3 - West Meadow Viewpoint




Cup Plant Coming Up





American Hazelnut aka American Hazel
Male and Female Flowers







Tree Swallow in our "Bluebird House"
OK, it is blue however not what we were expecting.





No comments: