Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday Observations

            Sunrise this morning came with a sun pillar:



            As I started the dog walk this morning, I noticed that the large Puffball that I found last fall has made it through the winter without falling apart.






            Notes from my Sit Spot


March 17, 2019 9:40 a.m.
Sit 336: Brush Pile West : Mostly Sunny 
-4° (-7°) NW wind: 6-9 kph    74% humidity 

Sounds of the morning:
Crows, 
Cardinals, 
Mourning Doves,
(Jet flying overhead, traffic noise),
(Air Canada Jazz flight 183 +),
Blue Jays,
Robins, 

Woodpecker drumming.

            Other observations as I walked our dog, Sadie:

Still lots of ice in shady spots along the trails;



Almost fell a few times but managed to stay on my feet;
Felt very quiet out in spite of bird songs because of low wind speeds;
Heard Bluebirds and Robins as I walked along the west meadow trail near the Sumacs;
The ice on the West Pond is very high i.e. out of the usual banks of the pond and over the trail;



            Catkins on the Willows and Aspens are out of their winter coverings and looking gray and fuzzy on some of the trees but all too high to photograph. I could only see them via binoculars.

             Spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon trying to finish rebuilding the bird feeder. Hope to finish after I do this blog . . .

 . . . finished the bird feeder!


            Saw 8 Wild Turkeys in the field north of the highway as I went out walking along the road and then, back home, saw an Eastern Bluebird in the small Walnut Trees just west of the house. (Sorry to not get any photos!)




No comments: